Static electricity markings
Tree-like static electricity markings on radiograph.
Smudge-like static electricity markings on radiograph.
Lightening bolt like artifacts
- Static electricity markings on film are frequently caused by low humidity or static producing objects.
- Some synthetic materials used in uniforms can also be a source of static.
- Static electricity can also cause a localized overexposure.
- The black mark usually appears to be a smudge.
- Protective latex gloves are one source of static electricity that produces a black, smudge-like image on the radiograph.