Cardiac conditions for which prophylaxis is recommended
- Prosthetic cardiac valve.
- Previous infective endocarditis.
- Congenital heart disease (CHD).
- Unrepaired cyanotic congenital heart defect with prosthetic material or device, whether placed by surgery or by catheter intervention, during the first 6 months after the procedure.
- Repaired congenital heart disease with residual defects at the site or adjacent to the site of a prosthetic patch or prosthetic device.
- Cardiac transplantation recipients who have cardiac valculopathy.